Dessert is a meal that can be exceptionally difficult when you’re cooking for two people. Measurements get tricky, baking times must be adjusted, and it’s usually more trouble than it’s worth. Happily, these individual blueberry cobblers are easy to make and require no special ramekins or dessert vessels. They’re baked in 2-cup Pyrex storage containers. The Pyrex storage containers are a good investment- they make excellent prep bowls, baking dishes, and storage containers. You could also bake these in similarly sized Mason jars.
Individual Blueberry Cobblers
- 6 oz. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (3/4 of a stick), melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl and mix until a soft dough forms. The dough may be a little crumbly, but should still hold together well when you press it.
- Distribute blueberries equally in two Pyrex bowls, and top each with equal amounts of dough, pressing the dough gently onto the blueberries.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden and blueberries bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve. (They’re extra delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!)