In this easy-to-prepare dish, chicken is lightly coated in flour and pan-fried. The pecans add a rich flavor to the sauce. Roasted summer squash and zucchini round out the meal (and soak up extra sauce!).
Chicken with Pecan Sauce
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 chicken breast, halved and pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, stirring often, until toasted and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Add oil to skillet, and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove chicken to serving plates and top with pecans.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and simmer for 2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add sugar, vinegar, and thyme; cook for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is melted and sauce has thickened slightly. Whisk in 1 tbsp. butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.